Friday, July 4, 2014

Baked Strawberry Cheesecake

Bake Cheesecake




This beautiful cheesecake is by Gordon Ramsay. I wanted to try it but did not have any raspberries, so I tried to use the small wild strawberries I had. 


Ignore the milk there is no end for. 

Ingredients
  • Butter, for greasing
  • 550g cream cheese, at room temperature
  • 160g caster sugar
  • 3 eggs, lightly beaten
  • 2 tbsp plain flour
  • Finely grated zest of 1 lemon
  • 200g raspberries or Strawberries
Instructions
  1. Preheat the oven to 180°C/Gas 4. Butter a 23cm springform cake tin.
  2. Beat together the cream cheese and sugar. Add the beaten eggs bit by bit until combined. Add the flour and lemon zest, then fold through the raspberries.
  3. Spoon the mixture into the prepared cake tin, tapping it against the work surface to remove any bubbles and help the raspberries rise up from the bottom. Bake in the preheated oven for 35 minutes until set on the edges but wobbling slightly in the middle.
  4. Once cooled, remove from the tin, running a knife around the edges to loosen if necessary, and serve.



I decided to used muffin tins for mine, because one, I didn't have a cake tin and two it was a nice serving size.  Below is my outcome. It tasted great, not too sweet with a little sourness from the berries.  My oven is a bit testy, so the top did not brown as much as I wanted but that did not take away from the taste in anyway.




No comments:

Post a Comment