Friday, July 4, 2014

Singapore Mei Fun

Singapore Mai/Mei Fun




I really love Singapore Mei/Mai Fun (depending) because it's light with small noodles, vegetables, a little spiciness, color and seafood.  This recipe I learned to make while I was in Hong Kong with my mom but I think you can find something similar all over the Internet.


Ingredients
  • 1/2 pk or 6 oz dry rice noodle (mei fun)
  • 1.5 tbsp curry powder
  • 2 egg
  • 1/2 large onion
  • 2 celery rib
  • ½ large green pepper
  • ½ large yellow pepper
  • ½ large orange pepper
  • 6 oz napa or cabbage
  • 1 cup scallions, thinly sliced
  • 2 clove garlic, chopped
  • 1 Scallion, cut to 2 inch pieces
  • ½lb of shrimp
  • Soak the rice noodle in cold water until softened . About 30 minutes
  • In the meantime, sliced the onion, celery, pepper, and napa
  • Add 2 tbsp of oil in a wok or frying pan, Add egg and scramble until set. Remove and set aside
  • Drizzle another 2 tbsp of oil in a wok, add garlic and cook for 1 minute. Add sliced onion, pepper, celery, and napa. Stir fry over high heat for 2 minutes
  • Add blanched noodles and stir to mix
  • Add curry powder. Continue to stir until the curry powder is well incorporated , about 30 sec
  • Add egg and scallion and stir fry for another minute. Transfer to a plate and serve hot.


    My finished product

    This recipe is quite easy, quick and I love it. I always tell myself that it is also healthy due to the vegetables and only being stir fried.

No comments:

Post a Comment