Sunday, September 21, 2014

Madeleines

Madeleines



I love Madeleines.  I might go as far as say I'm addicted.  I especially want to try making the ones in the picture: Poppy and lemon madelines.  I made some but I didn't have the poppy seeds. So, it was just lemon madelines.  

Ingredients:


3 eggs 

80g sugar 
80g self raising flour 
75g butter 
1tbs poppy seeds 
zest of a lemon 

  • Melt Butter in a pan
  • In a large bowl, crack the eggs and whisk together with the sugar, until all sugar is incorporated and the mixture become thick and light in color.
  • Sift in the flour into the egg mixture, and fold in the poppy seeds. Add lemon zest and mix everything together.
  • When the melted butter is slightly cooled, pour into the mixture and gently combine to make a batter.
  • Lightly line a muffin tray with butter and flour
  • Scoop enough to reach the top of your madeline pan.
  • Bake in a preheated oven at 355f for 10 minutes or until golden brown.
  • Remove from pan and serve. Enjoy!


Directions

My lemon Madeleines






No comments:

Post a Comment